Competitive Salary & Benefits
Our Toronto Building Products manufacturing client is seeking an experienced and resourceful leader to manage their Quality department. This position is located the Vaughan facility and the successful individual is responsible for developing a Quality Program, maintaining KPI’s, implementing quality processes, along with continuous improvement initiatives, and ensuring safety requirements are met.
The Ideal Candiate:
- Absolute focus on developing a Quality Program that achieves delivery quality to customers, with no on-site defects.
- Create/improve visibility and control into quality processes across manufacturing operations and supplier networks
- Minimize scrap, rework and returned materials
- Build incomplete product and process traceability into production process
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance Reviews across all aspects of the program and issue formal reporting to Senior Management
- Standardized processes for responding to adverse events across the enterprise
- Provide training and direction to various business units across the organization in order to mitigate risk
- Support the CI team in researching emerging trends/best practices and determine implications of proposed methodologies on meeting business unit strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain testing and oversight processes to support the program and reporting
- Coordinate directly with wide range of stakeholders across the organization and external vendors to resolve issues, as required
- Monitor adverse events in real-time
- Data collection from across manufacturing cells/departments
- Document management, Traceability, Statistical process control (SPC), Dashboards
- NC/CAPA (non-conformance and corrective & preventive action)
- Automated product quality planning, Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar related equivalent will be required.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a well-rounded background in the quality field. Previous experience with ISO 9001 an asset.
- Lean manufacturing experience an asset.
- Strong Microsoft computer knowledge as well as knowledge of SPC (cpk, ppk).
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining standards, methods, testing and evaluation of a data-driven quality program.