Job Title: Senior Cost Analyst
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Salary $85,000-100,000 plus room to grow!
Our large manufacturing client is a Canadian leader, and they are hiring a Senior Cost Analyst for their Vaughan plant.
About our client
Our client, is a global name and one of Canada’s leading manufacturing companies in it’s industry. They hire great people and create superior products delivering excellence in all that they do. With big plans on the horizon - it's a company you want to be part of today!
About the role
Reporting into the Plant Controller, the Senior Cost Analyst will be the finance business partner for the Canadian Operations Leadership Teams. This position is responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of a complete, accurate, and consistent standard costing system across Canada. More specifically:
About the candidate
- Develop, document, and implement SOPs for BOMs and routing development and ongoing maintenance.
- Work with Operations management teams to ensure product costs are complete and accurate.
- Perform regular BOM and routing audits through the creation of exception reporting and controls in addition to periodic physical observation and testing
- Annual calculation, review, and maintenance of standard hourly rates.
- Develop and implement weekly / monthly plant productivity / efficiency reporting and scorecard.
- Weekly and monthly consolidation and analysis of plant performance metrics and financial results.
- Consolidation and analysis of Plant financial performances including detailed variance explanations to forecasts, budgets, and prior periods.
- Create costing models that will streamline processes, increase operational efficiencies, and improve the accuracy of decision making and product costs.
- Support the team in developing, analyzing and submitting annual business plans, quarterly forecasts, monthly flashes, and weekly pulses.
- Play an active role in inventory reconciliations, process control, review, and accuracy including the development and deployment of a perpetual inventory process / system.
- University Degree – Commerce or Business Admin, plus CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with at least 2-3 years progressive cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and SOX (Bill 198) environment
- Strong understanding of Cost Accounting concepts, approaches, and setups
- Ability to work effectively in a multi system environment.
- Advanced Excel Skills required (data downloading, efficient manipulation and analysis) and previous ERP experience.
This is a growing Industry leader who is offering stability and a great environment. You’ll be working along side some of the best people in the Industry!