Senior Architectural Designer / Technologist
Architecture and Design
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000
Enjoy the surrounds of the beautiful Rocky Mountains and the bustle of a lively city in Calgary, Alberta, whilst working for this excellent, Canadian Architectural firm. Our client, a leading Architecture and Design firm in Calgary is seeking a Senior Architectural Designer / Job Captain to join their busy and collaborative team. This company are very well established and a major player in the Western Canadian Architecture and Design market. They have a diverse portfolio of work and each individual has plenty of opportunity for professional development in this firm.
YOUR NEW JOB
As a Senior Architectural Designer and Job Captain, you will be involved in a range of different tasks across design and production, whilst also bringing your leadership capabilities to the team. You will work primarily on multi-family residential projects including low and mid rise towers, town homes, senior and assisted living as well as some government and civic projects.
- Develop complex technical designs to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines and budgetary requirements
- Perform technical reviews and edits drawings as required and reviews design requirements to offer recommendations and create architectural drawings to support constructions projects
- Direct design activities such as programming, code research, material and building systems research, laying out program components and calculation of program and building areas; refine and direct the refinement of design options and develops building details
- Synthesize, interpret and coordinate technical information to write architectural and front-end specifications for Project Manuals
- Provide direction and leadership to members of the design and production team
- Perform site surveys and field reviews to accurately document existing and new construction conditions and become familiar with standard building techniques
- May act as concept designer on smaller projects
- Performs complex analyses, sampling or data collection, within discipline, for specific portions of broader projects
- Process permit response letters and coordinate revisions with engineers and consultants, as required, to obtain necessary documentation and permits
- Attend meetings to coordinate drawings and resources, determine project criteria and provide information
- Track and review project products, services and shop drawings to ensure adherence to project documents, relevant jurisdictional codes and corporate quality controls
- Perform site visitations to determine compliance with construction contract and relevant building and safety codes; prepares reports to document the progress; identifies any deviation from the construction contract and liaises with owner and contractor to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Coordinate with contractor, sub-consultants or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructability or other concerns
- Manage the delivery of all projects, including leading project teams through all phases of the project
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Have successfully completed an Architecture related post-secondary education
- Capable with creating effective Architectural Designs and also working drawing packages
- Experience working on multi-family residential projects in Canada, ideally both concrete and woodframe.
- Demonstrated proficiency in architectural software skills - particularly AutoCAD and Revit
- Is familiar with architectural design and presentation; intermediate M&E, structural building systems, technical writing, permit and building codes
- Possesses experience in project delivery, project management, and client management
- Has excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Opportunity to work for an excellent company that acknowledges strong performance whilst also offering plenty of opportunity for professional development. This includes educational development and support, promotional opportunities and an excellent compensation package. Work in a flexible work environment with great leadership and mentorship and be involved in a range of exciting projects.
If you believe this is the right position for you and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply. now.