Finance Accounting Manager
North York, ON
Previous retail finance management experience is a plus
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits + Vacation
About the company
This is an absolutely fantastic position the the retail fashion industry. This position requires the candidate to work on their own accord and autonomously but to be successful must have the mindset of an entrepreneurial leader. Our client is an industry leading retailer who carry premium brands who are looking for an experienced Finance Accounting Manager ($100-120K North York).
About the Opportunity
This position will require a strong leader who is able to lead by example and has a proven track record of doing so. Experience in the fashion industry is not a must, however it's a plus.
The selected candidate will be responsible for finance and accounting for their North American locations and assisting overseas. Travel is not required.
- Assist the Head of Planning (based overseas) on all aspects of financial management including budgeting, planning, accounting, P&L of the company
- Manage all financial & accounting operations across the North American region
- Assist/advise for short-term and long-term financial objective, strategy, action, business decision making and formulating financial strategy for the growth of the business
- Provide business analysis of risks and opportunities, suggest remedies action for top management consideration
- Supervise subordinates performing financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, annual budgets and other report as well as specific analysis requested by management;
- Prepare interim announcements independently and prepare annual result reports with external auditors
- Develop and refine internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting
- Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and other external financial personnel to facilitate financial activities of the company
- Collaborate with audit services and external auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations requirements of annual and interim audits are met;
- To assist in merger and acquisition projects.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or relevant discipline
- Proven working experience as a Finance Manager, seven years’ experience or above in finance and accounting field with minimum 2 years’ in managerial position in sizable and listing company
- Qualified accountant with professional membership CPA or equivalent
- Exposure in retail is definitely an advantage
- Familiar with the North American financial and accounting operations
- Experience with creating financial statements, general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Proficient in accounting software and ERP system, experience in implementation of accounting system is an advantage
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent Command in English (Mandarin or Cantonese a plus)