Our client is an Internationally recognized Construction company, in its field of specialization having won several awards both locally in Canada and overseas. They have also been recognized as one of the Top Employers of Canada in its area of specialization.
Sr. Project Manager
Reports to Vice President - Operations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be accountable and manage the successful execution of a portfolio of projects in accordance with the scope, schedule and budget from start to finish
- Direct the activities of all operational staff and monitor the performance of subcontractors
- Provide essential leadership, management and coaching of personnel
- Work with the General Superintendent and Health & Safety department to develop and maintain safety and quality control
- Ensure compliance with Regional (provincial and territorial) and other regulatory authorities
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- In cooperation with Sr Management, plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules
- Plan and prepare project equipment requirements, and monitor progress against established plan
- Complete a cost/revenue projection for all projects and update/review
- Prepare weekly operating report
University/College or equivalent work experience in a related discipline (i.e. Construction/Project Management)
Minimum of 10 years' Project Management experience, with a minimum of 5 years as a Project Manager for Construction projects ($100 million plus)
Ability to plan and lead multidisciplinary teams.
Knowledge of environmental legislation, standards, and guidelines.
Knowledge of Engineering design, tender, and construction management processes and related contractual conditions for a variety of construction projects.
Prior work experience in construction, remediation, excavation and similar kind of projects highly desirable.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and previous experience with Viewpoint and/or B2W, considered an asset
Work requires frequent travel locally to work sites to monitor the progress of work and to meet with Site Foremen and/or Clients. May require out of town travel occasionally.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU
- Once in a life time opportunity to grow with an Industry Leader and Internationally recognized, multi Award winning company in its field
- Make an impact on the world around us
- Gain recognition from Industry leaders
- Experience with diverse projects
- Growth and Stability
- Excellent Salary and Benefits