Accounting Team Lead -Marketing
Oil & Gas
$150,000-$170,000 plus great benefits and room to grow!
Our successful Canadian owned client in the oil & gas sector located downtown Calgary is seeking a Team Lead Accountant for their Marketing Group.
About our client:
This Canadian owned and operated company does exploration, development and production of crude oil and gas. They are currently executing large-scale, repeatable capital exploration and development programs. It’s an exciting time!!
About the role:
This position reports into the Controller and will work closely with the VP Marketing and the team. Your role is to provide guidance to the Marketing Accounting team for net revenue requirements.
About the candidate:
- Set up processes and procedures to account for new and existing marketing arrangements
- Liaising with other departments to ensure marketing transactions are accurately accounted for
- Invoicing and settlement of all monthly transactions and coordinating discrepancy resolution
- Inventory balancing and analysis of transportation cost and tariffs
- Recording of revenue transactions, and reconciling clearing accounts
- Assisting in the analysis of volume and revenue accrual to actual variances
- CPA designation with a minimum 10 years related marketing work experience within the oil and gas industry
- Midstream experience preferred and previous production accounting experience is also preferred
- MUST have a solid E&P understanding of pricing "from the well to the customer"
- SOLID understanding of complex and/or cross-border marketing arrangements
- Strong technical and computer skills including advanced Excel
- Must be able to adjust to tight deadlines and changing priorities
This company is growing rapidly. Very exciting times ahead!!! It’s also Canadian owned and managed. If you are looking for a great company to work for in the oil and gas sector – THIS IS IT!