Municipal Infrastructure Engineer & PM
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Engineering Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Municipal Engineering Technologist
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join a progressive and dynamic organization in Central Alberta. Our client is looking for a unique individual who solid technical engineering & project management skills combined with strong people interaction & stakeholder service skills - ideally someone with private sector entrepreneurial mindset able to function effectively with municipalities.
This Engineering Manager will mostly be a an Asset and Project Manager while also functionally managing 2 direct reports (a junior engineer / EIT & a project coordinator); this role will be responsible to effectively manage all the organization's assets developing, updating & maintaining an effective Asset Management Plan for maintenance & capital planning. In addition to leading all PM activities you will do budgeting and bidding.
A good Engineering Manager candidates will likely have much of what is described above and below:
- P.Eng or PEng eligible with 4-9 years progressive municipal project engineering experience or a CET or eligible Technologist with 5 to 20 years of progressive municipal project engineering management experience
- Having significant experience working both within an engineering firm & a municipality would be ideal however experience one or the other is required
- Strong Project Management skills & experience with a good on-time and on-budget track record - a PMP or working towards one would be an asset but not essential
- Some good project budgeting & bidding experience and ability to review & critique engineering drawings
- Some mentoring or supervisory experience along with a collaborative & communicative team approach plus works well with other stakeholders
- Good communication skills - verbal, written & presentation - able to periodically communicate & make presentations and discuss with senior executives
If you wish to learn more about role and be considered for this excellent career opportunity apply with your resume.