Job: Electrical Maintenance Manager #21073869
Location: Charlevoix, Michigan
As one of the largest cement producers in the world, my client operates over 20 cement plants throughout the world with a combined capacity of 40.5 million metric tonnes per annum. They manufacture a variety of cement for different purposes - normal, high-early strength, low heat hydration, and sulphate-resisting as well as other supplementary cementitious products - in bulk and as bagged product.
The Electrical Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the electrical department including all aspects of training, power distribution, process control, and the information technology interface and security systems within the plant. The position is also responsible for promoting a safe work environment and safe job performance by actively participating in all plant safety programs as directed by Management.
- Ensures the plant electrical systems are compliant with applicable regulations. Ensures the electrical department staff has the appropriate training and licensing to safely accomplish the tasks. Develops preventive and corrective maintenance program in conjunction with engineering, production and maintenance staff for all aspects of the electrical base systems (power/process control/systems monitoring)
- Participates in the preparation of annual department operating budget, the annual capital budgeting process and as required from ISO/VCPS system efforts. Reviews safety, production, quality control, and maintenance reports including monitoring budget/expenditures to plan, lead, organize and modify maintenance activities as required. Designs and/or reviews the budgetary needs, equipment needs and modifications with internal and external design engineers, stakeholders and/or suppliers
- Leads the root cause analysis effort for electrical exceptions. Develops recommendations consistent with a commitment to reduce energy consumption (minimizing emission of greenhouse gases, etc.) without affecting productivity.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and achieve recommended measures to improve operations, conditions of machines and equipment, and to develop plant and departmental goals and KPI's. Actively participates in plant conformance requirements for ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 systems as it relates to electrical department operations.
- Coordinates and prioritizes all plant computer and control systems-related activities.
- Defining objectives for the department; planning long-term strategic objectives if required on projects including preparing or reviewing specifications. Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Directs the electrical department supervision, setting priorities for utilizing resources and planning short -term objectives including revising plans with supporting rational as required. Works with Management team resolve departmental grievances and disciplinary issues. Directs training of workers to improve work performance and to educate on company policies and procedures with effective compliance.
- Four-year university degree; plus five to seven years related experience including supervising staff and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that includes power distribution systems, electrical code and control systems within industrial environment;
- Five to seven years related experience including supervising staff and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience that includes power distribution systems, electrical code and control systems within industrial environment
- Competitive Salary, Benefits, 401K Match & Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to advance your career
- Awesome environment that fosters a culture of growth, integrity and innovation!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas