Director of Engineering / Operations
Calgary, Alberta (Hybrid or Remote work available)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Other Titles: Director of Engineering, Principal Engineer, Management, Operations
This a great opportunity for a Senior Engineering Leader within the Buildings Industry (Electrical, Mechanical or Structural) for a Director of Operations role with this well established Canadian company.
This company is a reputable, well established consulting firm with a strong presence across North America. They are restructuring to streamline some of their processes as they continue to grow and are looking for a capable Director of Operations - Engineering, to oversee a range of operational responsibilities. This company have a great reputation and a collaborative, hybrid work environment.
As a director you will oversee the operations for Engineering for multiple offices across the country and North America, in collaboration with a technical director. Some responsibilities include:
- Oversee financials; company profitability, risk assessment, resource allocation and utilization, budgets, fee guidelines and other financial aspects of the business
- Strategic Development - Strategic planning and setting objectives for the business and supporting the successful execution of strategic plans
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Continuously monitor and improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization's vision
- Adapt to changes in technology and culture; maintaining a progressive culture
- Improve functions and programs within the company to maintain the company direction and growth outlook
- Implement and manage quality assurance
- Policy development and implementation in collaboration with HR and other Senior Leadership Members
- Collaborate with studio leads to enhance training and development within the firm
- Work closely with all reports to ensure understanding of individual responsibilities and cohesiveness amongst offices and disciplines
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- A sound knowledge of Engineering - possess at least 10 years of experience working within the Engineering industry or within Architecture but with involvement on Engineering projects
- 15+ years of overall experience across Engineering, Leadership and Operations
- Leadership experience - you have managed and mentored teams previously
- Experience working with Operations - including project management, financials - on a large scale, strategy development, process implementation, business development and stakeholder management
- MBA designation an asset, as is other business related certification, as well as a PMP
- Strong technical knowledge of Engineering and a good understanding of fee structures, proposals, budgets etc. for Engineering projects. Knowledge of architecture is an asset but not essential
- Superb communication skills; ability to work under pressure
- Big picture thinker; works with vision and able to bring different elements together for the successful execution of projects and plans
- The individual must be able to work in Calgary for the first 12 months, on a hybrid basis. After that, the role can be flexible and potentially worked remotely.
- The opportunity to join a leading firm as a Director
- Excellent compensation package, hybrid work model and flexible hours
- Growing and developing firm that offers the opportunity to progress your career further
- Be part of an award winning, reputable company
Keywords: Engineering Director, Management, Lead, Director, Alberta, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Hybrid, Operations Lead, Director of Operations, APEGA
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas