Business Hours Monday to Friday 08:30 – 5:00 pm
Full Time, Permanent
Our client is world renowned for its most advanced and proven vision correction technology and world class surgeon partners. The Toronto
clinic is a multidisciplinary and collaborative team of professionals that include RN & RPN’s, Certified Ophthalmic
Medical Technologists, Patient Services Representatives, Refractive Consultants and Ophthalmic Technicians.
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual with a passion for delivering excellent customer service to fill the position of Ophthalmic Technician.
The successful candidate must have a desire to help enrich the patient experience from the first point of contact, through the procedure itself and to the final post-operative examination. They must also have excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You must project a professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and high-end customer service approach with all our patients at all times. You are a strong member of a team that manages the patient experience along the full continuum of contact.
- Utilize your technical skills to perform advanced diagnostics including but not limited to: corneal topography, OCT, A-Scan, Visual Fields, patient work-ups, IOP, Lenstar, CRS Mstr, iDesign, Anterion, iTrace and Specular Microscopy.
- Perform other activities in the refractive division including ophthalmic assisting, refraction and patient education.
- ORA entry, chart preparation for intraocular surgeries.
- Be proficient in all roles in the laser suite (excimer & femtosecond)
- Prep the patient pre-op
- Calibrate and operate lasers
- Clean and sterilize surgical instruments (in the laser suite)
- Prepare instrument trays
- Assist the surgeon
- Counsel the patient on post-op protocol
- Participate in scribe rotation
Ophthalmology or optometry: 2 years
Certified COA, COT or COMT (preferred)
What's in it for you:
- Health Benefits Plan
- Having a positive impact on patient health outcomes.
- Working with a supportive and highly diverse team of experienced healthcare professionals.
- Attend and represent the client in various functions including business partner luncheons and public relations events.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas