Intermediate Interior Designer
Career Growth Opportunity
Reputable Interior Design Studio
Other titles: Intermediate Designer, Mid-Level Designer, Interior Designer, Interior Architect, Interior Designer Project Manager
TalentSphere has partnered with a well established, award-winning full-service Vancouver based boutique interior design studio. This firm's project portfolio is focused on commercial, hospitality & residential projects and coupled with strong technical execution & precise and thorough coordination, they consistently achieve well positioned and designed spaces. They have a 90% client retention rate along with a constant flow of new ones. This firm cultivates a positive inclusive work environment that ensures all its team members are engaged and challenged with meaningful work, collaborative efforts, and a positive team energy at all times.
Our client is looking for an intermediate interior designer to join their collaborative team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, capable of supporting senior staff on multiple projects, and has the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You are highly organized, reliable, technically minded, and self-motivated. You are well versed in a wide variety of construction methods and have strong working drawings experience.
We are looking for a great fit in both personality and technical skills and value positive attitudes, team focus and a willingness to learn. In return for the expertise you bring, you will be given the opportunity to work in a supportive, collaborative environment on a variety of projects and within a well-established architecture firm.
• Handle interior design projects from start to finish when applicable
• Assist and contribute to concept development
• Prepare complete construction drawings packages for permitting tender and construction phases.
• Source finishes and materials for each project and documentation/spec writing
• Produce complete interior construction specifications
• Conduct field verification and site visits as required
• Coordinate with external vendors/consultant associated with your project
• Support with client presentations and meetings and follow up
• Understand full extent of procurement processes and adhere to outlined budgets when executing purchases
• Cultivate positive, collaborative relationships internally and externally
• Energetic and passionate about design
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite
• 3+ years experience in an Interior Design studio setting (Hospitality, Retail and Multi-Family Experience)
• Interior design degree from accredited institution
• Excellent understanding of construction drawings, specifications, and millwork packages
• Understanding of local Building codes
• Strong technical detailing and project production skills
• Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for project milestones and deadlines
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
• Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
• Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure
• Excellent time management skills
• Can work well both in a team environment and as an individual contributor
• Creative and good sketching abilities
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team
• English fluency
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate for this role! Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Keywords: Design, Interiors, AutoCAD, Designer, Vancouver, BC, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond, Surrey, Delta
Job Order # 15879860
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas