Procurement & Materials Control Manager
Industrial Manufacturing Sector
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
Other Similar Titles:
- Procurement Leader / Supervisor
- Material Controls & Procurement Manager
- Procurement & Controls Specialist
Reporting to the off-site Procurement Director, this on-site Manager leads the on-site procurement & materials control team, supporting the company's strategic direction of the company-wide function, and developing the organization to expertly execute procurement and material control processes, and all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. Promoting the strategic and operational guidance in the key areas of company-wide volume aggregation, standardization, supplier base optimization, and developing cost-saving synergies across all functions and locations. Championing the identification & implementing best practices in all procurement and material control processes, building supportive internal and external relationships within procurement and material control and with other functions, and at the plant management site level.
Ideal Procurement & Materials Control Manager candidates will likely have most of the following attributes:
- 8+ years progressive procurement / SCM skills & experience significantly ideally within or with some 24/7 large industrial complex manufacturing environments
- Strong / proven leadership skills & experience - ability to effectively impact SCM issues & results with the on-site leadership team and the within the company's SCM functional team
- A related degree ie, BBA / BComm, BSc Eng - an MBA would be an asset
- Strong SCM skills & experience with many of the following: negotiations, sourcing, bidding & contracting, supplier qualification & performance management, demand & risk management
- Material Controls & Inventory Management leadership experience would be an asset but not essential
- Proven success in fast paced manufacturing environments, strong analytical skills combined with solid SCM PM and implementations skills & experience
- Knowledge / experience with SAP - Advantis, Ariba - Coupa &/or other procurement systems
- Canadian citizens & Canadian Permanent Residency status candidates preferred, candidates with Canadian work visas will be considered
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package, a variety of developmental opportunities, and the opportunity to make a real difference!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas