Assistant Construction Project Manager
A respected self-performing developer specializing in projects 20 stories and above, This firm has the majority of their projects in Downtown Toronto & North York and is looking for a talented yet experienced Senior Project Coordinator/APM to join their team.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical drawings and specifications for high-rise residential concrete buildings.
- Ability to create material take-offs and accurate estimates for all interior and exterior building components.
- Ability to organize plans, specifications, scope of works for tender purposes.
- Ability to follow up on tender quotes, solicit response from subcontractors on a timely matter.
- Ability to summarize and a analyzes tender quotes received and discuss on anomalies and discrepancies.
- Ability to track accurately project construction costs on a monthly basis. Ability to prepare and issue standard construction contractors to subcontractors. Includes obtaining time schedules, H&S manual, Insurance policy, etc.
- Ability to track, review and process shop drawings as well as S.I.,C.C.O. and C.O.'s during project progress.
- Ability to prepare a monthly Project Summary report, based on standard form of reporting.
- Ability to assist in Value Engineering exercise.
- Ability to assist in the review and approval of monthly subcontractors and suppliers' invoices.
- Ability to organize and prepare Project Close-out documents, including AsBuilt plans and specifications.
- Support PM with daily work functions.
- Liaison with field construction management staff and office development staff.
- University or College degree in Civil Engineering or related studies.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work-related experience with construction firm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong MS Office, MS Project, Estimating software (Blue Beam, Plan Swift or similar) proficiency.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Possess a valid Ontario driving license.
$95,000-$110,000 plus benefits, bonuses & other perks
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas