SENIOR PRINCIPAL ARCHITECT
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture & Design
This is an excellent and very unique opportunity to join a growing and developing team in leading the design of commercial, institutional and mixed-use projects in Edmonton, Alberta. This locally based company has an incredible reputation nationally and is looking for a passionate individual to join their executive leadership team.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has been a leader in the design industry throughout North America since it's establishment 40 years ago. With a focus in design, planning and engineering the company has built a collaborative group of individuals who are passionate about design and the spaces they create. The firm has demonstrated years of progressive growth with a great establishment in the local market and an organic growth strategy that allows them to expand sustainably through the development of long term client relationships and knowledge of the local market. It was established as one Canada's Top Best Managed Companies in 2018 and continues to hold that reputation as they grow further into new markets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Principal Architect will have a great ambition to build and grow a business through the leadership of innovative and exciting designs and projects with the Edmonton team. There will be a great opportunity to build on strategy and development with the company where new business and a solid understanding of the industry will be essential. There will be an expectation to lead the Design team and develop new business whether the projects be in Edmonton, Alberta region, Western Canada or with a national/international for new business endeavors. With a great support team and excellent Executive leaders across the country and into the US there is a lot of room to develop professionally within the company and to build new client relationships as the firm develops further.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- B.Deg, Master's in Architecture, RAIC, AIBC, AAA Registered
- 5+ years' experience as a Principal/Senior Associate Architect with an architectural firm a must
- 15+ years' experience in the Architecture & Design industry
- Experience with business development strategies in the local market and passion to build and grow a team
- Excellent knowledge commercial, mixed use and institutional projects with management of projects from small to large from inception to completion
- Portfolio of projects and designs within Canada that highlight design skills
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AuotCAD, and REVIT are assets
- Detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and planning a must
- Passion for design and architecture with a strong leadership approach to execute a team mentality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Principal Leadership team on strategies to develop the company further
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!