Title: Project Accountant
Power & Utilities
$70-85,000 plus benefits and opportunities to grow
This is an excellent
opportunity for a new CA/CPA
looking to make a move into an Industry focused in sustainable power and utilities.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has experienced fast growth in recent years and is positioned for continued growth in the years to come. Their projects are focused throughout North America and they pride themselves on being a company that is focused on sustainable energy.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Accountant will provide support to a portfolio of projects across the business. The sizes of these projects range from $1 Million - $1 Billion, all focusing on power generation and utilities construction throughout Canada. This role will produce regular reports on the financial status of these projects. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Financial review for projects to ensure compliance with accounting standards and corporate policies.
- Timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions.
- Set and monitor the as-sold price, cost and margin of the contract, and review PO’s that support the contract value loaded in the system.
- Support the Controller in setting up systems and managing the financial processes behind current and future projects
- Act as a lead for projects, costing and financials
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting/Finance
- CPA Designation
- 2-4 years of relevant Accounting experience (preferably from one of the Big 4 or a large public accounting firm)
- Knowledge of various accounting databases and an expert with Microsoft Excel
- You are a multi-tasker, and love a variety of responsibilities and changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of oversight abilities
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing environment and culture within a mid-sized company that supports family and flexible working hours
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the senior leadership team
Our client defines intelligent energy as the ability to meet present needs without compromising future potential. The Company is committed to maintaining a culture of health and safety, community engagement and respect for the environment. Who doesn't want to support a sustainable environment and better yet - work for a company that does!! Apply TODAY!