DRUPAL BACK-END DEVELOPER
Our client, located in downtown Toronto, is an industry leader in the development, manufacturing, and online distribution of its products. They are currently seeking a Drupal Back-End Developer to join its fast-growing technology team.
Long term career opportunities with the company will include:
- Building in-house tools and solutions for other departments
- Taking it to the front-end and operating as a full-stack engineer
- Taking part in projects involving research and decision phases and coming up with innovative solutions
- Build robust, testable, reusable, and well-documented system extensions in the form of custom Drupal modules.
- Spearhead various back-end projects varying from designing database structures and relationships, to implementing external APIs and bridging the gap between back-end and
- Extend and improve in-house Drupal codebase and library as needed with full documentation and reasonable test coverage.
- Build and maintain an automated testing suite throughout our custom application logic.
- Architect, integrate, and refine a reporting suite, providing the data required to make informed decisions and improve efficiencies across our entire organization.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement in order to identify opportunities in other departments, such as Customer Experience, Order Fulfillment, Inventory, and R&D.
- Work closely with DevOps to optimize back-end website functionality, and improve server performance and scalability.
- Remain involved in seeking learning opportunities and sharing relevant knowledge among the team.
- Extraordinary development proficiency in PHP
- Ability to solve complex problems and acquire new skill sets along the way
- Confidence in querying, joining, and manipulating large datasets
- Version controlling projects and resolving conflicts
- Experience with Drupal 7 and corresponding best practices
- Solid working knowledge of HTML, SASS, and ES7
- Rich experience working from and with command line interfaces
- Experience in working with Regular Expressions
- Impeccable communication skills
- A mindset that is detail-oriented, self-reliant, resourceful, organized and proactive
- Instinct to help peers thrive and the openness to learn from their experiences
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities
- Experience in Python 3 (or Go), or interest in learning the basics
- Previous exposure to containerization via Docker or Docker-based tools
- Experience or interest in Continuous Integration
Other similar titles:
Back-End Software Developer
Back-End Software Engineer