Large scale projects $50M ++
Our client a well-established business is currently hiring an experienced project accountant. Ideal candidate will have experience working in large scale energy or power related projects $50M +.
The role is based downtown with easy access to public transport, they operate a flexible work week and a competitive package.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Required educational background and experience:
- Provide support and oversight on a portfolio of projects across business units.
- Attend regular meetings on the financial status of projects.
- Lead the financial review for projects to ensure compliance with accounting standards and corporate policies.
- Assist PM’s through the financial lifecycle of a project (setup, monitoring, updating and closure)
- Accurately reflect a projects’ financial status by ensuring timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions.
- Ensure project is setup and updated accurately and mirrors the as-sold price, cost and margin of the contract, and that addendums/change orders and PO’s support the contract value loaded in the system.
- Assess project financial risks and assist in updating the project risk register and revenue adjustment forms as needed.
- Coordinate with Controllers in maintaining the Risk and Opportunities log.
- Support Controllers during month end close as required.
- Prepare and analyze variances pertaining to cost and revenue.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting
- Three - six years of relevant accounting experience in ENERGY/ POWER/ Construction / engineering
- CPA designation.
- Knowledge of various accounting databases and you are an expert with Excel;
- Ability to correctly identify financial situations and produce logical solutions to support project team/business area;
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills as well as a keen willingness to work independently.