Vancouver, British Columbia
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture & Design Firm
Other Titles: Architect, Design Architect, Intermediate Interior Architect, Interior Design Architect
An award-winning, globally recognized design oriented Architecture firm in Vancouver, is hiring for an experienced Intermediate Interior Architect to join their collaborative team. Our client has an exceptional portfolio of institutional, public, commercial, and residential projects and health, functionality, comfort and sustainability are at the forefront of their building design.
The ideal applicant will be trained in Architecture, with a minor, undergrad, or strong interest in Interior Design. They will work with the architectural design team to take on a leading interior design role in the project process, including design and consultant/contractor/vendor coordination as well as lead in a project team setting, prepare design pin-ups, material sample boards. Duties will also include :
- Participate in the development of project vision and other pre-design efforts
- Prepare design-focused presentation materials to convey the design intent
- Produce design and contract documentation in alignment with the firms standard of quality
- Coordinate with Revery’s building envelope team to ensure interior integration within the architectural context
- Spearhead the Building Permit process and liaison with the municipalities
- Keep current with innovative, sustainable and forward-thinking design strategies and technologies, including research of products and materials, and meeting with representatives of the Interior design industry
- Select interior systems, fixtures, materials and finishes
- Assist with Contract Administration and attend construction site meeting for matters related to the Interior Design scope of the projects
- Prepare, coordinate and oversee project drawings and related schedules
- Prepare outline specifications and assist with detailed specification development
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Post-Secondary Education in Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Proficiency in Rhino, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite
- 5 or more years of experience in a variety of public and private market sectors
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding time management skills and self-motivation
- Working understanding of applicable building and life safety codes and bylaws on a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Interior, Architecture, Design, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, Delta, Port Moody, BC
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas