Designer and VDC Technician
Attractive Bonus Structure
Our client is a commercial developer who has recently embarked on an aggressive expansion campaign across Ontario. Together we are seeking talented, ambitious people to join their team. This thriving organization is developing and constructing mixed use facilities that are changing the way people think about storage, work activity and their home life. Additionally, our client is an industry leader in renewable power generation, building energy efficiency and operational technologies.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to gain valuable experience across several aspects of the industry. You will work in a collaborative team environment together with outstanding and experienced professionals. This new position has extensive exposure to every level of the organization including the senior executive team.
We are searching for an individual who can provide input and influence on the design of storage, retail and office space and who will take the lead in carrying out quantity take offs, procurement, installation and implementation of many key aspects of our business. Creativity, problem solving, adaptability, free thinking and independent work are required in this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONIBILITIES:
• Creativity and Innovation are encouraged
Assist in the design and creation of store layouts
• Work closely with Executive team to create locker layout plans and traffic flows
• Participate in the creation of conceptual drawings for future buildings and projects
• Issuing complete paper/pdf drawings to site team
• Assist in establishing and setting up new projects with the relevant file structures and adhere to all agreed BIM standards
• Make final sketches of proposed drawings, checking dimensions, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project
• Other duties as requested
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Education Required: 3 Years of Post – Secondary Education OR 3rd year or higher completion of accredited trade apprenticeship.
• Ability and Experience in reading, understanding and interpreting contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
• Experience in the construction industry, or industry trade.
• Minimum of one year sound experience of drafting and design principle an asset.
• Strong written & verbal English skills.
• Strong computer skills in: AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Photoshop, Google Sketchup, REVIT, other VDC related software with hands-on working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
• Experience with problem solving in an engineering / manufacturing / construction environment using any design tool.
• Ability to work in an office and field environment and maintain excellent working relationships with others.
• Team player, energetic, resourceful.
• Willingness to commit to continuous learning.
• Well organized with an ability to pay attention to detail.
• Effective communicator with the ability to develop effective working relationships with team members at all levels.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals.
Ability to determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance as well as take on additional responsibilities when required.
• Sense of urgency and drive to succeed, must be comfortable working within a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
• Resourceful, energetic and able to manage multiple priorities.
Why Work Here?
We are excited to offer this unique career opportunity that will provide opportunity for growth, continuous learning, and advancement with a competitive compensation package.