$75,000 - $80,000
Our client is seeking an Assistant Controller for their Head Office located in beautiful Belleville, Ontario. This is a NEW position with growth potential!
About our client:
With multiple locations throughout Ontario, this growing wholesale and retail distributor prides themselves on having stocked shelves and friendly, knowledgeable personnel willing to help you at any location.
About the role:
Reporting into the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for administering the Company’s financial and accounting functions including monthly financial statements, annual budget, year end, and audit review. This position is also responsible for the daily supervision of the Accounts Payable staff to ensure on time payments of vendor invoices. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
About the candidate:
- Month end close and financial statement preparation
- Assist Controller with the annual budget and annual year end file
- Responsible for the daily supervision of AP and accounting staff, including hiring and training
- Responsible for accurate, on time payment of vendors/suppliers and to ensure accurate coding of vendor/supplier invoices including sales taxes, government sales and other taxes and buying groups
- Development and maintenance of capital asset register
- Monitor progress of cycle count locations
- Bachelors Degree and CPA Designation
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 3 years in a supervisory role
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Excellent inter-personal skills, communication and presentation
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established and stable company in an industry that keeps growing.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas