Senior Structural Engineer
Competitive Salary and benefits package
One of our clients, a busy and well-established engineering consulting firm, is currently looking to hire a Senior Structural Engineer (Buildings) in Calgary. This company works on a range of projects including commercial, municipal, residential/mixed-use and government sector work. They have a sound reputation and a strong portfolio of work, and pride themselves on their progressive work environment, providing plenty of opportunity for professional development and a good work-life balance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role as a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be involved in a range of tasks and responsibilities, including and not limited to:
- Perform structural analysis and design for a range of projects including municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Client liaison, coordinate with various stakeholders
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures.
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structural related aspects of a project.
- Manage technical staff in the preparation of contract drawings and documents, delegate tasks
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines (Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and landscaping, etc.)
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, attend site meetings, and carry out field reviews.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registration as a Structural Engineer with APEGA
- 10 to 25 years relevant experience in Canada.
- Knowledge of North American building design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- Proficient in structural engineering design software including Revit and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Excellent leadership team
- Professional development opportunities
- Great Work life balance
This role is being hired confidentially, which means we are unable to disclose the client unless you are selected for interview.
If you believe you're a good fit for this role and meet the requirements above, please apply now. The role is being hired ASAP
Keywords: Structural Engineer, Calgary, Alberta, Registered Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer, Edmonton, Engineer
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas