Senior Structural Engineer Team Lead
Competitive Salary and benefits package
Other titles: Structural Lead, Senior Structural Engineer, Senior Structural Team Lead, Senior Structural Engineering Team Lead, Structural Engineering Manager
One of our clients, a busy and well-established engineering consulting firm, is currently looking to hire a Senior Structural Engineering Team Lead (Buildings) in Calgary. This company works on a range of projects including commercial, municipal, residential/mixed-use and government sector work. They have a sound reputation and a strong portfolio of work, and pride themselves on their progressive work environment, providing plenty of opportunity for professional development and a good work-life balance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role as a Senior Structural Engineer, you will be involved in a range of tasks and responsibilities, including and not limited to:
- Perform structural analysis and design for a range of projects including municipal, residential, commercial, and industrial projects, including existing buildings and structures.
- Complete structural calculations and prepare and edit structural specifications.
- Client liaison, coordinate with various stakeholders
- Conduct seismic assessments and upgrades of existing buildings and structures
- Manage and mentor junior engineers and designers
- Assist and provide input in preparing fee proposals for structurally related aspects of a project.
- Manage technical staff in the preparation of contract drawings and documents, delegate tasks
- Coordinate structural designs and documents with other disciplines (Architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and landscaping, etc.)
- Provide structural engineering support during construction, attend site meetings, and carry out field reviews.
- Participate in the development of quality production and service standards and liaise with other office locations.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering with emphasis on Structural Analysis and Design.
- Registration as a Structural Engineer with APEGA
- 15 to 25 years relevant experience in Canada.
- Knowledge of North American building design codes and standards, including seismic design and detailing requirements.
- At least 8+ years working with commercial, residential, civic projects (predominantly oil and gas and energy/industrial project will not suffice)
- Proficient in structural engineering design software including Revit and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Excellent, dynamic work culture
- Professional development opportunities
- Great Work-life balance, 4 weeks vacation
This role is being hired confidentially, which means we are unable to disclose the client unless you are selected for interview.
If you believe you're a good fit for this role and meet the requirements above, please apply now. The role is being hired ASAP
Keywords: Structural Engineer, Calgary, Alberta, Registered Engineer, Senior Structural Engineer, Edmonton, Engineer, Western Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas