An industry leading, highly recognizable, and largest General Contractor in North America is looking for a well rounded Estimator
to join their team. They have a strong commercial project pipeline including; warehouses, hospitals, health care centers and mixed use facilities. Known for being employee centric, having a work/ life balance focus and long tenure with endless internal growth opportunities and interesting projects to build.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine the cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials. Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors.
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors where necessary.
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period. Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits.
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost.
- Search, analyze and communicate to the team options for the most effective means and methods of construction.
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid.
- Friendly and helpful with the ability to create and foster strong relationships
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in the field and estimating
- Proficient in scheduling and quantifiable software
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge and competency in all construction scopes of work
If interested please apply to this posting with your resume only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas