Senior Project Manager
Real Estate Developer
Residential High Rise
40+ Story Tower(s)
The Senior Project Manager will take ownership of projects by being responsible for the entire project delivery process and accountable for the implementation and realization of projects. As such, they will plan, organize, direct and manage all facets of construction projects and ensure pre-established costs, schedule and scope objectives are achieved.
* The client is looking for candidates who display long term tenure from employer to employer. A minimum of 4 years tenure. The project focus is large high rise projects. Due to the long term nature of these projects, they require a Senior Project Manager who has been involved in complex, high rise projects for their entire project life cycle; inception to occupancy. Someone who has been involved with all aspects at all stages. Candidates without this experience will not be considered *
Senior Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent Company and conduct all communications to the highest standards.
- Develop and maintain Master Project schedule
- Ensure all contracts and subcontracts are issued in accordance with the schedule.
- Ensure all team members have read and understood project objectives, including project specifications / agreements and head contract requirements.
- Create the record of events, ensuring all document control requirements are up to date and detailed in nature.
- Prepare all scope of work for Company and subcontract work.
- Obtain all permits and local authority permission to build, as required by the contract.
- Conduct internal construction project start-up meetings to ensure contracts and scope are aligned with project goals and head contract requirements.
- Review drawings and submission requirements prior to submissions.
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules including “look ahead” schedules.
- Update and maintain weekly Master Project Schedule and ensure Superintendent look-aheads are aligned. Monitor productivity rates and subcontractor planned vs. actuals in the schedule.
- Hold regular subcontract progress meetings and track progress.
- Review all RFIs and change order requests to ensure completeness and clarity prior to submission
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds federal, provincial and municipal laws and standards.
- Manage financial requirements for the lifecycle of the project, including revenue forecasting, billing, invoicing and approval of payments.
- Prepare monthly external and internal reports as per the project procedures handbook and requirements of the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all environment regulations and policies.
- Ensure commercial terms, head contract and legal obligations required by the project are followed at all times.
- Manage and assess risk for the duration of the project.
- Allocate work, where applicable, and provide direction to the Project Coordinators in the planning and execution of the project as it relates to: customer relations; RFIs, scope of work, extra work orders, issue logs, NCRs (quality), deficiencies, administrative distribution, commissioning, as built documentation, LEED and close out documents.
- Ensure timely total completion of project including contractually and financially.
- Notify client of requested changes and action plan to obtain completion.
- Complete project close-out report; and conduct a close out meeting
Senior Project Manager Qualifications:
- Develop high performance employees by effectively recruiting suitable new talent, providing continuous positive and constructive feedback, on-going assessment of non-performing employees and planning for succession.
- Lead and participate in corporate initiatives.
Senior Project Manager Remuneration:
- 8+ years of experience in Project Management roles, with experience managing large scale Residential concrete, high rise construction projects.
- An engineering degree or technical diploma in Construction, Building, Civil or Architecture
- Excellent budgeting and scheduling skills
- Experience managing and supervising staff
- Strong computer skills, advanced knowledge of MS Project
- Ability to demonstrate a stable career history as well as a track record of successfully completed projects
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships and resolve complex issues
- Exceptional communication, time management and negotiating skills with ability to work as a leader, in a team environment
Competitive compensation, robust benefits, health & wellness programs, learning / development / growth opportunities, project stability
Similar Job Titles:
Senior Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Residential Project Manager
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.