5 years of Plant Management Experience (grain preferred)
$75 to $85K
Very Attractive Base Salary package + Great Benefits
This is an exciting position with an opportunity to work for an even more exciting leadership team with an impressive proven track record. Our client, a leader in food manufacturing. The business has multiple sites with operations in major municipalities across Canada. This site is located in Sedley, SK. They are looking for a Talented Plant Manager (75-85K) who is responsible for overseeing all operational activities at our facility. The selected candidate will be responsible/accountable for the management of a highly skilled and devoted team of employees whilst ensuring that the facility runs in an efficient/safe manner at all times.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry.
About the company.
Our client is one of North America’s leading full service manufacturers. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and developing their team and revenue of the site with great mentors coaching you along the way. The company and division are growing and we are in need of a strong candidate that has a sense of urgency to grow and develop.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensure equipment is maintained and working at its listed capacity to meet the company’s volume and quality objectives;
- Strong focus on Health and Safety
- Closely manage the receiving, weighing, grading, processing, handling and shipping of pulses and specialty crops;
- Provide assistance, guidance, and training with regards to visual inspection of incoming deliveries to estimate grade and determine dockage;
- Of the mindset that ensures positive working relationships within the facility and with external stakeholders including producers, truckers and other business partners;
- Liaise and collaborate with the team, ensuring complete flow of information to internal stakeholders; There will be an expectation of up to date and clean reports.
- Procurement of peas, lentils, canary seed, edible beans, chickpeas and other specialty crops from local producers
- Must act as a leader, coach and mentor to all facility employees to deliver friendly service to farmers and truckers delivering pulses and specialty crops;
- Train all employees on grain processing equipment. (including receiving, weighing, cleaning, handling, bagging and bulk loading)
- Logistics & Transportation of goods. Overseeing the preparation and loading of export shipments in rail cars and containers according to company policies and industry best practices
- Operating facility control systems as required
- Implementation of regular repair and maintenance programs;
- Implementation of any capital expansion programs including, but not limited to, the installation of new equipment (e.g. storage bins, processing equipment, bagging systems, etc.)
- 5+ years of grain handling or specialty crop industry experience
- Ability to drive growth and volume
- People-management skills
- Mechanical ability to operate and maintain grain processing equipment
- Capable of office-related administrative work, as required
- Ability to learn and a willingness to take on the responsibilities of the position
- Experience purchasing pulses or specialty crops
- Degree in Agriculture, Business Management or equivalent. Related experience is acceptable in lieu of required education
- Ability to work night shifts as required
- Valid class 5 driver’s license or higher