Intern Architect / Intermediate Architect, AAA
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
We are proud to be partnering with a well established firm in Calgary as they search for a talented and motivated Intern Architect or Architect to join their team. The successful candidate will have some experience with residential and multi-family or mixed use projects, and be technically strong with the construction development process whilst also having a talent with design.
WHAT YOU NEED
- As an Intern Architect or Architect you will have between 5 to 10 years of experience with at least 3+ years coming from within Canada
- Collaborate with Senior Architects to develop concept and schematic designs
- Work energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Complete technical drawings and full construction documents / working drawing packages in Revit
- Prepares presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
- Contribute to report writing, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Participates in site visits as well as project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule - is involved in some CA work from time to time
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
- You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- To be successful in this role, you will have between 5 and 10 years of experience as an intern architect or be recently registered as an Architect, AAA
- You will ideally have a range of project experience; some residential/multi family or mixed use experience is essential
- Excellent technical skills and can work with a high level of accuracy completing working drawings and construction documents
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential.
- A desire to wear many hats and work with all aspects of a project from design, production through to CA
- Leadership potential is an asset
- An excellent compensation package
- Opportunity to grow and develop professionally, with plenty of support in advancing and developing your skill set
- Work on high profile, design savvy, large and complex projects
- An excellent leadership team
- Be part of a progressive, reputable and award winning company
If you're interested in this Intern Architect role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Keywords: Intern Architect, Architect, AAA, Alberta, Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Western Canada, AB, Design Architect, Designer, Project Architect, Airdrie, Intermediate Architect