Pipelayer (4 Vacancies)
Various Sites Throughout Lower Mainland, BC
$36+ hourly/Pipe Truck/Fuel Card
Our client, a growing and established civil contractor based in Richmond BC, is looking to add two new crews to their group! This company has a rock solid reputation in the Vancouver Lower Mainland. Our client prides themselves on the repeat and preferred business that has lead their successful year over year growth over the last 20 years.
Our client is building their companies future leaders and are ensuring their crews have an equal opportunity to be the next generation of Superintendents, Project Managers, Directors and VPs. With a very healthy financial position and a season full of work on the books, it is a no brainer to get in with this group NOW!
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Year Round Work/No Lay Offs – Ever
- ****Unlimited Growth Opportunities****
- Family oriented, friendly, flexible management team (one of those people you will want to know forever)
- $36+ hourly
- 12% holiday pay
- Pipetruck/fuel card for long distance jobs (within Lower Mainland)
- Very strong HSE Culture
- START ASAP
We are looking for four (4x) Pipelayers ASAP. Duties include:
WHAT DO YOU BRING?
- Reading and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical drawings
- Setting elevations and grades for roads, underground utilities and site prep
- Installing civil utility components such as pipes and manholes to establish electrical, water, sanitary sewer, and storm systems
- Aligning, positioning and sealing pipes
- Checking slopes using lasers or levels
- Layout of pipe routes
- Coordination of pipe routes in accordance to technical drawings and specifications
- Communicating & coordinating with heavy equipment operators
- Working in confined spaces such as trenches, manholes, etc.
- Assisting heavy equipment operators with equipment attachments
- Operating small machinery, equipment and tools such as compactors rollers, etc
- Daily involvement in safety conscious activities
- Other various construction related activities
- 2+ years of experience as a Pipelayer with a civil construction contractor
- Resides in the Lower Mainland
- Willing to join Local 1611 Union
- Reliable with valid drivers licence and clean abstract
- Experience working with open cut trench
- Safety conscious, focused, self-motivated worth ethic
- Works well in a crew; Gets along well with others with various types of personalities (Construction can be colourful, but always respectful)
- Flexible working on various sites throughout the Lower Mainland
- Certifications such as Confined Space, First Aid, Rigging an asset
If you are interested in getting involved with this AWESOME group, working towards your career goals, getting dirty and having fun, apply directly to today!