Design/Build and General Contracting Firm - Essential Services
Competitive Salary and Benefits, RRSP Matching
Amid the Covid-19 situation, our client - a leading general contracting and design build firm - deemed part of essential services, is busy and hiring!
An excellent opportunity exists with a leading general contracting and design/build firm in Brantford, Ontario. We are working with our client to hire an experienced Architectural Technologist to join their busy and collaborative team. This company is well established and have a lot of projects in the commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential sectors.
The ideal applicant will have excellent communication skills and work with team members throughout all processes of the project phases. You will be working with clients and design teams to discuss project plans, designs, schedules and proposals, and work according to these to produce high quality working drawing packages, construction documents, details and blueprints. You will be responsible for the development of construction contract documents for projects of varying scope; from schematic design through to construction administration with minimal supervision.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Architectural Technology Diploma/Certification or relevant architecture degree required
- 5+ years' experience as an Architectural Technologist in Canada
- Experience creating drawings for Industrial, Commercial, Institutional & Residential projects is preferable
- Experience working with Revit is essential
- Experience working with other softwares such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office is an asset
- Strong knowledge in the 2012 Ontario Building Code
- Efficiency and strong attention to detail
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Some Project management experience is desirable
- Experience working on large and complex projects
- The ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Driver's license and access to a vehicle for site visits is a must
- Strong knowledge of the 2012 Ontario building code (especially Part 3) and Fire Code.
- Contract administration duties including municipal approval, shop drawing review, responding to RFI’s, site visits
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal to no supervision.
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.