Bilingual Payroll Lead
Construction & Sales
$65-75,000 plus benefits
Our global client operating in several Industry sectors including Construction, Retail and Service, is seeking a Payroll Lead to join their team in the West Island /Point Claire area.
About our client:
This company is a recognized leader in its’ field. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Lead will manage a payroll of approximately 400 ppl – multi province (no union), and be the point of contact for HQ (in Ontario) for the more complicated payroll issues.
About the role:
More specifically responsibilities will include:
About the candidate:
- Process payroll and verify the accuracy of reports and funds distribution
- Assure compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations, and company policies;
- Respond to inquiries and requests for data and reports;
- Oversee the processing of journal entry preparation, reconciliations, and various other accounting functions;
- Verify and analyze data entry from HR, worked time and absences;
- Manage vacation and absence files;
- Process T4s, Relevé 1s and summaries as well as WCB, EHT and other year-end documents in 6 provinces;
- Participate in the administration of employee programs such as group insurance, pension plans, RRSP, employee share purchase plans, etc.;
- University Degree in related field and CPM certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a complex payroll environment
- SAP or Ceridian payroll system experience is a strong asset
- Must have year-end processing including Quebec,
- Must be Bilingual – English and French;
- Strong customer service focus; Team work; Problem solving; Integrity and strong attention to detail
This is an established, reputable company and leader in its’ Industry. You will learn from, grow with and be working with like minded professionals in a great environment!