The generator specialist is required to be proficient in the following:
- Install, overhaul, inspect and repair generators and their auxiliaries.
- Work individually or as a team member
- Supervise and work hands on as the situation dictates
- Carry out alignment checks
- Make adjustments to machines and shaft systems using mechanical, optical and laser-based systems
- Determine deficiencies and rectify
- Overhaul, clean.
- Accurately interpret product specifications and technical requirements
- Prepare concise, descriptive reports for client presentation
- Train client’s staff
- Post-secondary education in a related field or discipline
- Hands on experience with steam/gas/nuclear turbines and their auxiliaries
- Must be proficient in high voltage maintenance as well as mechanical
- Hands on experience with strip down and rebuild of generators and/or turbines
- 5 or more years in directly related work
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Must be eligible to work primarily in Canada but also, as required, the United States and Central/South America
These are the basic but essential requirements of the job. If qualified for the above, you will be provided with a detailed job description for your reference.