Job Title: Business Development Manager
About our client:
Our client is an engineering services company specializing in a suite of engineered software products. They offer comprehensive software tools that combine structural, thermal, acoustic, electromagnetic and system simulation capabilities... all on one platform. As the largest full service provider of simulation software in North America, our client has offices throughout North America and offers professional sales, technical support, training, and consulting services for the simulation software customer.
About the role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager that can both hunt for new business and manage an existing customer base. Based in the GTA, you will sell Engineering Simulation Software solutions to enterprise customers by building strong relationships and leveraging a strong technical technical team of Mechanical Engineers.
About the candidate:
- Must be able to drive software sales for new and renewal business in your territory. You are a trusted adviser that can establish insight into improved efficiencies for your customers.
- Introduce new tools & new engineering processes to your base of clients.
- Ability to develop & grow long term relationships with your clients.
- Must be able to creatively leverage consultative relationships to drive new business.
- Work closely with the internal engineering team to map products/services to client’s identified challenges.
- Work with inside sales team to coordinate prospecting activities and lead generation.
- Leverage your ability to structure your consulting based opportunities into software sales orders.
- Network with user groups and develop business through customer-facing events, workshops and industry seminars.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills are required. As well have the ability to work independently in a home office environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ideally have extensive knowledge of the engineering market in and contacts at all levels.
- Previous software sales experience.
- An understanding of engineering processes and related technology (CAD, 3D printing, HPC, etc.).
- Ability to strategically work wide and deep into large accounts.
- Must maintain a valid Canadian passport and be willing and able to travel to and from the US.
- Professional appearance and presentation required with solid communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Competitive compensation package with great benefits and an uncapped earning potential.