Who are client is:
One of Vancouver leading Commercial Real Estate companies!
What the Building Operator role encompasses:
Building Operator - Who you are:
- Supporting multiple Office / Industrial Buildings, this role will be mobile in nature and take care of a portfolio of Vancouver based Buildings
- Responsible for the provision of building operations, maintenance and repairs.
- Oversee the maintenance of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems for Hungerford Properties located in Vancouver area
- Maintain and where appropriate and able, repair of equipment and electrical and mechanical systems
- Develop and put into use schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance programs
- Co-ordinate and supervise cleaning, snow removal and landscaping operations
- Provide input into operational and maintenance budgets
- Ensure preventative maintenance program is adhered and in place according to local legislation and internal compliance policies
- Regular property inspections, completion of site reports and ongoing review for completion of deficiencies.
- Respond to service request, repairs and trouble shoots
- To be on call for property management issues or emergencies in Vancouver area
- All other duties needed to maintain the properties in a safe, environmentally responsible and first-class manner.
- Require completion of a college or university program in electrical or mechanical engineering or in another discipline related to building maintenance or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in building maintenance
- 5 years of relevant experience in facility operations or maintenance in a property management firm
- Knowledge of traditional building systems and their interrelatedness
- Knowledge of BC generally accepted facilities management principles and practices
- Frequent travels are required in BC
- Valid BC Driver’s License is required, plus clean driver’s abstract
- Problem solving mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with internal customers, team members, and external contacts
- Ability to allocate time effectively, meet deadlines, multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ability to stay organized
- Self-motivated and possesses a high level of professionalism
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail
Building Operator Salary:
Base Pay, Bonus, Benefits, Vehicle allowance / Company car, Educational support, Career Development, An opportunity to work with one of Vancouver's leading Real Estate Developers!
Similar Job Titles:
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.