Job Title: Assistant Controller
Salary: $68,000-$73,000 plus an excellent benefits package and special company perks!!!
Our fun, dynamic client in the hospitality sector is seeking an Assistant Controller for their growing team headquartered in Kitchener.
About our client:
Our client is a dynamic, privately owned enterprise with over a dozen companies under the parent umbrella. They value their people, and have created an amazing team of talent, who continue to help grow a group of insanely great businesses.
About the role:
Reporting to the Controller, this position has 3 direct reports and is responsible for the day to day transactions of the company and the preparation and final review of financial statements.
More specifically but not limited to:
• AP, AR, monthly journal entries, GL reconciliations
• Monthly financial statements
• Inter-company consolidations and month end close
• Assist the external Auditors
• Manage, train and develop your team
• Budgeting and corporate tax functions
About the candidate:
• Bachelors Degree and CPA designation is highly preferred
• Minimum 2 years public accounting experience
• Strong supervisory skills
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Comfortable communication with all levels of the organization.
• Strong technical computer skills
• Must be hands-on but also possess the ability to deal with higher level issues
This is an excellent opportunity for that dynamic newer CPA that is looking to make a move into Industry. Exciting environment, opportunities for growth and the exposure to a variety of accounting and financial matters. An opportunity like this doesn't come around often! Apply TODAY to: email@example.com