Rugged production/manufacturing experience candidates will be of high interest
2-5 years of production management experience
$70 to $80K
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits + great company perks
Our client, a construction / building materials business located in Mississauga, ON are looking for a Production Manager (70-80K) who is responsible for providing the direction and leadership for a team of 25-30 direct reports. If you have experience managing a team in production this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within. They have fantastic leadership and are very strategic thinkers. The Production Manager is also responsible for the P&L with assistance from senior management to meet market and customer demand while ensuring target margin levels achieved and maximum output.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry. The chosen candidate will have strong experience with production/manufacturing within construction or garbage waste or metal or recycling... needs to have rugged production experience.
About the company.
Our client is one of North America’s leading full service distributors and re-manufacturers of lumber. The selected candidate will be responsible for the production of our distribution and re-manufacturing facility.
The candidate must be able to:
- Bring people together/Lead by example
- Plan schedules
- Manage a group of approximately 25 employees across 2 shifts
- Ensure that proper Production targets are set and met in the most efficient and safe manner possible.
- Communicate positively and effectively will all divisions in the company that are affected by Mill Production
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are met in the production area
- Work with Operations Management to enforce current procedures and implement new processes and procedures that can increase efficiency and safety
- Build, train and maintain a strong team
- High School Diploma, post secondary an asset
- Experience managing a team of at least 10 people in a production style environment
- Experience managing P & L
- High attention to detail and high level of organization
- Strong initiative and follow up skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player with the ability to self manage and prioritize
- A competitive salary, excellent benefits and performance-based bonuses and increases
- Opportunities to grow and advance