Our client, a large scale manufacturing organization, is looking for a bright Estimator to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare estimates for products, projects, or services.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation
- Prepare time, cost, and estimates for products or projects
- Review architectural plans and specifications for the work to be quoted
- Verify with the application engineer the performance and structural requirements of the project if necessary
- Prepare the necessary material take-offs by quantities and type for proper pricing
- Prepare the Scope of Work to be sent to the customers with quotation
- Obtain vendor(s) quotations
- Prepare the estimate for the work to be bid using cost data and/or price list
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- 3+ years of Estimating experience in a related field.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience/knowledge in computer-aided drafting
- Experience with V6 estimating software
- Blueprint reading required.
Dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401(k), Paid Holidays, 80 Hours Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave.
Must work 5 days on-site in Coppell, TX.
For further inquiries, contact me at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas