Competitive Salary and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Architectural Solutions team as an Architectural
Manager. Reporting to the Director, Marketing- Sales & Service, you will lead the team to provide professional design, drafting and material estimating services to support the teams multiple projects and programs. You will support the design team to complete high quality custom blueprints, material take offs, as well as providing technical support and advice to employees and Store Owners across Canada.
It is imperative that you have experience and understanding of single dwelling residential and custom home designs!
- Manage a large team to complete multiple design projects within deadlines while also meeting high quality control requirements and sustaining a high level of Dealer satisfaction.
- Create and develop strategies and processes for the team to increase efficiencies and monitor their impact through analytical data.
- Communicate on Dealers’ and/or consumers’ behalf with professional contractors to resolve challenges during the building process and communicate with Building Officials/Authorities to resolve any issues.
- Negotiate contracts and develop strong partnerships with multiple vendors and subcontractors.
- Responsible for planning and controlling annual department budget.
- Provide feedback to Team Members, and answer questions quickly to improve productivity, and offer ongoing guidance and advice regarding any construction challenges.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Post- secondary education in Engineering, Construction Engineering Technology, Architecture or Architectural Technology.
- Must be a licensed Architect, Professional Engineer with a certificate of authorization from the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), or accredited as a house designer by the province with a Building Code Identification Number (House or Small Building)
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to manage a large team of professionals consisting of CAD designers, estimators, and specialists.
- Proficient in CAD Software (Ideally Softplan/Softlist), ForteWEB, Weyerhaeuser Software, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to manage a team working on multiple design projects at various stages within the process.
- Clear understanding of the minimum building requirements as outlined in National and Provincial building codes, while accommodating a variety of specifications.
- Maintain high-level working knowledge of residential and agricultural framing techniques, structural load calculation and transfer, as well as the use of innovative construction techniques and materials.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Keywords: Senior Architectural Technologist, Architect, Project Manager, Senior Design Technician, Senior Manager, Manager, Architecture, Architectural Technologist . Junior Architect, Hamilton, Gulph, Toronto, Burlington, Oakville, Milton, Caledonia, Smithville, Beamsville, Lincoln, Kingston, Ottawa, GTA, Cornwall