TalentSphere Staffing Solutions is partnered with one of the fastest growing manufacturers of commercial refrigeration products and finned tube coils in North America. They have been around for over 30 years, and design and build creative heat transfer solutions that improve quality of life.
Purpose and Scope
The Senior Applications Engineer guides our clients sales, technical support and specification engineers in pre/post sales of commercial HVAC product. To include assisting in the product selection, building application and code interpretation. His/her responsibilities include providing product application support of our full product portfolio.
The Senior Applications Engineer will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
The successful candidate will perform the following in accordance with established Sales Department Procedures.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Answering product application questions from customers and employees on the proper application of
2. Assisting the product development department team in creating new and revised product application
3. Providing assistance with relevant code and standards that apply to products and the proper use of
to achieve the design criteria of the standards.
4. Provide customer technical support in the set-up and configuration of equipment to specific job-site
5. Assisting with training to the sales group and customers on the features and proper use and
application of product lines.
6. Quotations (New Part Number):
a. Review RFQ and clarify specifications
b. Product selection as required
c. Product pricing as required
d. Preparation of formal quotation document(s) and communication to CSR/client/ representative
e. Maintenance of quote files
7. Software – Basic & Advanced
a. Train clients/ reps in use of CTC software
b. Run software applications for selected clients
c. Distribute software/ updates as required (requires approval from Sales Mgr.)
d. Maintain log of software distribution
e. Maintain log of reported bugs/ suggestions for improvement
8. Customer complaints and Service/Warranty issues
a. Review and clarify customer complaint and gather technical information relating to original
b. Communicate findings to Sales/Engineering/Quality Control
Essential skills for this position include:
• Detailed knowledge of commercial HVAC applications (including heat load calculations and
equipment performance calculations)
• Previous commercial HVAC design experience (duct design, refrigerant piping, electrical and psychometrics )
• Detailed 2-50 ton commercial HVAC application knowledge (direct expansion DX rooftop units, air handlers and split systems)
• Strong math and mechanical knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to do presentations with internal and external customers (technical and non-technical)
• Able to use Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or CAD software knowledge is a plus.
• Knowledge of building automation (BAS) controls is desired.
This is a diverse, challenging role that will require you to use your engineering and communication skills to help customers successfully apply commercial products.
Education and Training
Education: Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering (BSME, BSEE) is preferred
• Office Experience:
• Telephone customer contact
• Intra office communications
• Inter office communications
• Document transfer/filing/retrieval
• Microsoft Office Excel/Word/Outlook/Powerpoint
• MRP/ERP System Experience desirable but not mandatory (must be able to learn)
• File/document sharing and navigation within office network
• Experience with CAD programs desirable but not mandatory
• Engineering Calculations as required
• Ability to read blueprints/ technical drawings/ wiring diagrams
• Language skills/oral/written
• Problem solving/delegation/planning/follow-up
• Integrity/ Dependability/punctuality
• Ability to take direction
• Ability to work with others (people skills)
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the above skills with 3-4 years experience in HVAC field.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to develop your career with an innovative, and fast-growing industry leader, where
your education and experience can be utilized to its full potential.
This position comes with a competitive compensation package including an RRSP matching program,
and benefits plan.
If this position is appealing to you, then please submit your resume (in word-doc form) to
firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas||469.498.2002|