Our client is a Toronto-based private investment management company that specializes in the development of real estate properties of exceptional quality in Canada. Their unique expertise incorporates a wealth of services from acquiring development sites, deal underwriting and structuring to all aspects of development including land use approvals, project design, sales, marketing, construction management and project financing.
Our client self-performs the construction of multi-unit residential projects within the GTA.
This role will support and report to the Senior Project Manager a 269 suite, 12 storey project. The scope includes working drawing preparation, permitting, procurement, construction and closeout. This is a developmental role with the opportunity to progress to a Project Manager.
- Primarily responsible for organizing and circulating the various documents required to execute the project, including drawings, specifications, submittals, RFIs and site instructions.
- Assist the Project Manager with building permits and ROW permits submissions.
- Assist with the tender, award and contract preparation of trade contracts.
- Receive, process and submit shop drawings and samples to consultants for approval.
- Review contract drawings and submittals to co-ordinate the work of the trade contractors.
- Have an active presence on site and meet regularly with site staff and trade contractors.
- Assist the project manager with monitoring the site and solving problems.
- Prepare and submit RFIs to the consultants.
- Expedite approvals of submittals and answers to RFIs.
- Receive, review and circulate site instructions issued by the consultants.
- Receive, review and circulate inspection reports issued by the consultants.
- Maintain the construction schedule in MS Project and Excel.
- Assist with the review of progress draws submitted by contractors.
- Assist with the review of trade contractor claims for change orders.
- Prepare purchase orders and change orders as directed by the Project Manager.
- Enter committed costs into the Jonas accounting system as directed by the project manager.
- Enter anticipated costs into the Jonas accounting system as directed by the project manager.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing project status reports.
- Assist with documentation to prove compliance with Toronto Green Standards.
- Assist with setting up the décor management process and circulate selections to trades.
- Assist with setting up the PDI in-suite warranty program.
- Obtain documents from trade contractors for turnover to the condominium corporation.
- Assist with the correction of deficiencies noted on our pre-Performance Audit inspection.
- Assist with the correction of deficiencies noted on the Tarion Performance Audits.
- Assist with retail queries and co-ordinate base building works.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, quality and environment legislation and standards.
- Carry out additional ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3-7 years experience in multi-unit residential construction.
- A planner, problem preventer and problem solver.
- An attention to detail in the office and on site.
- A good communicator and consensus builder.
- Thrives working in a “small company” atmosphere where job boundaries are blurred.
- Proficient user of Excel, Word and project scheduling software.
- Related post-secondary degree
- Professional designation an asset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas