Accounts receivable administrator
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the role of the Accounts Receivable Administrator involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to our external and internal customers. The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all receivable activities in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Regular communication with members regarding their invoices, credits, claims, rebates and discrepancies.
- Work closely with payables department to investigate and resolve any discrepancies and irregularities.
- Maintain data base for member names and contact information.
- Ensure credits and discounts are properly applied.
- Ensure incoming payments are applied accurately.
- Generate statements and reconcile member accounts.
- Perform credit worthiness checks and updates.
- Document collections activity and maintain record of delinquent accounts and bad debts.
- Perform month end and year end close procedures in our financial systems.
- As required, perform as a backup for Accounts Payable and invoicing.
- Assist the accounting manager in financial closing.
- Provide switchboard and receptionist duties as required.
Pre-placement credit check and drug testing required.
- Post secondary education/training/certification in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant accounting experience in a high-volume environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy in data processing and analysis.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a multi-system and multi-tasking environment.
- Strong financial and business acumen as well as exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skill sets.
- Excellent customer service with resourcefulness, diligence and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel and Word) and SAP Business One.
- Proficient in written and oral English, and French is an asset.