Senior Water Resource Engineer
Great compensation package
An opportunity now exists for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Water Resource Engineer to work on and lead award winning projects for a wide range of clients. Working as part of the Water Resources department, you will provides expert assessment, planning, design, construction, and commissioning services for all water, wastewater and storm water systems.
Working as a part of a diverse team of engineers and technologists in the Edmonton office, the candidate will utilize their knowledge and experience to deliver on a variety of services for the public and private sector focusing on sustainable water systems. This opportunity is built for someone who sees themselves taking on a future leadership role and wants to be mentored by recognized industry experts - your growth potential would be unlimited.
Day to day responsibilities include
• Use your knowledge to plan and analyze urban and rural hydrologic/hydraulic systems (potable water distribution, wastewater collection and stormwater management, including Low Impact Development (LID) measures)
• Work with state-of-the-art software for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of complex water and drainage systems
• Prepare engineering reports, documents, and drawings
• Use your project management expertise to monitor project budget, schedule and deliverables
• Work effectively with others within a strong team environment
• Bring a can-do attitude – be “that person” that people go to
• Use quality management measures to ensure quality procedures are followed for drawings and reports
• Preparation of proposals and other business development activities • Developing and maintaining ongoing client relationships with your strong communications skills Requirements:
• A bachelor degree in civil engineering from a recognized university – an M.Eng. would be beneficial
• Minimum of ten years’ of professional experience in urban and rural water resources
• Registered Engineer or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
• Hydraulic modeling experience, preferably with DHI MIKE URBAN, XP-SWMM, PC-SWMM, WaterCAD
• Experience with MS-Office products: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Access etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication – considered key
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to quality – our reputation means everything to us
• Self-starter and team player with ability to work on a variety of simultaneous projects
• Familiarity with ArcGIS and Civil 3D are strong assets
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to effectively liaise with clients
• Committed to ongoing personal, professional, and practice development with team members through coaching and mentoring.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN'
• work on fascinating projects
• Be part of a social and collaborative work culture
• Be involved in opportunities for professional growth and development
• Excellent compensation package. Employer paid benefits plan, Group RRSP, and competitive salaries with opportunities for annual bonus.
Excellent Management Team
Role is being hired ASAP, please apply directly.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions Inc.
USA Toll-Free: 1855-900-3435
UK - London: 0333-344-8008
Ireland - Dublin: 01-531-3535