Project Manager Calgary
In general, this position requires the successful candidate to be responsible for the completion of the company’s projects from inception to completion.
The job is based in Calgary Alberta. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
An undergraduate degree in Engineering
; completion of a certified Engineering Technologist program
or completion of a trades program.
Ten plus years of progressively more responsible experience in commercial construction in a project management role with demonstrated success.
Communication and Supervision
- Project budgeting, scheduling and implementation
- Prepare conceptual budgets from preliminary drawings through to working drawing stage
- Conduct project design and document review
- Deal with issues as they arise
- Prepare and submit progress reports
- Monitor progress payments
- Monitor budget status
- Provide information for costing
- Monitor site activity for compliance with plans, specifications and codes
Post Construction Activities
- Provide leadership to the project team
- Coordinate RFI’s, questions and other information with consultants including designating tasks and following up on requests, demands, questions, concerns etc.
- Coordinate change information with trades
- Update stakeholders and owner with progress
- Ensure efficient flow of project through permitting process
- Ensure Corporate Safety Programs are maintained throughout the project by all site staff and subcontractors
- Contract Administration
- Administration of shop drawings, site instructions, field orders and change orders
- Monitoring of construction schedules
- Analyze and award bids
- Administer trade contracts
- Conduct site meetings, visits, issues
- Review submittals and coordinate information with consultants and trades
UNIQUE WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Manage deficiency activities
- Coordinate Operations and Maintenance Manuals and as-builts
- Respond to warranty items as required
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- This role is office based and will require regular visits on construction sites.
- This is complex professional work requiring considerable creativity and problem solving capabilities in situations of changing priorities and conflicting demands on time and resources. There is considerable external contact at all levels and the consequence of error can have significant negative effects on the Company.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Diplomatic and tactful but persuasive
- Able to make timely, effective critical decisions
WHO WE ARE:
- Competitive salary
- Dental/medical benefits
- Company vehicle/vehicle allowance
- Free parking (Calgary office location)
- Great central location
- Great work environment
- Long term relationships and employee satisfaction
- The Centron Group of Companies is best in class in the development and construction of prime Western Canadian real estate. Our purpose is to provide exceptional quality, expertise and value on all projects in a timely manner and to have fun while doing it. Our reputation is built on a foundation of principle values:
Always Improving and Results Driven. Passion for getting the job done. Integrity. Community spirit. Safety as a priority and having fun while we’re at it.