Business Development Manager
Engineering Software Sales
Base Salary + Uncapped opportunity
Our client is an engineering services company specializing in a suite of engineered software products. They offer comprehensive software tools that combine structural, thermal, acoustic, electromagnetic and system simulation capabilities... all on one platform. As the largest full service provider of simulation software in North America, our client has offices throughout North America and offers professional sales, technical support, training, and consulting services for the simulation software customer.
Our client is looking a Montreal based Business Development Manager that can both hunt for new business and manage an existing customer base.You will sell Engineering Simulation Software solutions to enterprise customers by leveraging an incredible technical team of Mechanical Engineers. You will rely on your team of Engineers to help you qualify and close large software and services opportunities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Lead software sales for new and renewal business in your territory. Your trusted adviser status establish insight into improved efficiencies for your customers.
- Introduce new tools & new engineering processes to your base of clients.
- Ability to develop & grow long term relationships with your clients.
- Must be able to identify new customers by creatively hunting for technical challenges.
- Work closely the engineering team to map products/services to client’s identified challenges.
- Work with inside sales team to coordinate prospecting activities and lead generation.
- Leverage your ability to structure your consulting based opportunities into software sales orders.
- Network with user groups and develop business through customer-facing events, workshops and industry seminars.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to travel throughout the Quebec region.
- Must maintain a valid Canadian passport and be willing and able to travel to and from the US.
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
- Professional appearance and presentation required with solid communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
Competitive compensation package with great benefits and an uncapped earning potential.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Ideally have extensive knowledge of the engineering market, key industries and contacts at all levels.
- Previous software sales experience.
- An understanding of engineering processes and related technology (CAD, 3D printing, HPC, etc.).
- Ability to strategically work wide and deep into large accounts.